All you need to know about SAT exam:
What is SAT ?
- a standardized test used by colleges and universities to assess students’ readiness for college-level work. MIS provides a testing center for students to take the SAT exam, which measures verbal and math skills
What is the difference between SAT I and SAT II ?
SAT I: Is the essential exam needed for college admission .
The new redesigned version:
SAT I, which started in 2016; includes two 800-point sections:
- English (Reading and Writing), and the essay section became optional.
SAT II: Is what they call the subject test, and it is required by some
Universities to be admitted in certain colleges .This test is only in one subject
and it includes 20 subjects such as Biology or World History etc .It ranges in score between
When are the SAT exams given ?
|SAT Test Date*
|Aug 26, 2023
|Aug 11, 2023
|Oct 7, 2023
|Sep 22, 2023
|Nov 4, 2023
|Oct 20, 2023
|Mar 9, 2024
|Feb 23, 2024
|May 4, 2024
|Apr 19, 2024
|June 1, 2024
|May 16, 2024
Does the Student need the SAT to apply for college ?
SAT registration is done online and the student can follow these easy steps :
- Go to the college board website www.collegeboard.org/sat/register
- Sign in to your free college board account.
- You will be asked to provide your information .Make sure it is the exact Information
shown on your passport.
- Upload your photo (It has to meet the photo requirements given).
- Decide whether to sign up for the SAT with Essay (See which colleges require it).
- Choose your test center, and date of the exam.
- Pay the fees of the exam which is around 105$ (A credit card is required).
- Print your admission ticket.
How long are the SAT exams ?
If the student is applying for a Saudi university taking the SAT exam would be optional , but
for most foreign universities it would be a must for American Diploma students. In addition
to SAT , some universities might required other tests such as TOEFL and IELTS.
All you need to know about SAT exam:
AP Test Center
- AP courses are advanced-level courses offered in various subjects, and the corresponding AP exams are taken at the end of the courses. These exams consist of multiple-choice and free-response sections and can potentially earn students college credit or advanced placement in university programs.
About Advanced Placement AP®
AP® is a enables students to pursue college-level studies while still in high school. Through more than 30 courses, AP provides willing and academically prepared students with the opportunity to earn college credit and/or advanced placement. Taking AP courses also demonstrates to college admission officers that students have sought out the most rigorous course work available to them.
Each AP course is modeled upon a comparable college course, and college and university faculty play a vital role in ensuring that AP courses align with college-level standards. Talented and dedicated AP teachers help AP students in classrooms around the world develop and apply the content knowledge and skills they will need later in college.
Each AP course concludes with a college-level assessment developed and scored by college and university faculty as well as experienced AP teachers. AP Exams are an essential part of the AP experience, enabling students to demonstrate their mastery of college-level course work. More than 90 percent of four-year colleges and universities in the United States grant students credit, placement, or both on the basis of successful AP Exam scores. Universities in more than 60 countries recognize AP Exam scores in the admission process and/or award credit and placement for qualifying scores. Visit http://www.collegeboard.org/ap/creditpolicy to view AP credit and placement policies at more than 1,000 colleges and universities.
Performing well on an AP Exam means more than just the successful completion of a course; it is a gateway to success in college. Research consistently shows that students who score a 3 or higher on AP Exams typically experience greater academic success in college and have higher graduation rates than otherwise comparable non-AP peers.* Additional AP studies are available at http://www.collegeboard.org/research
Academic Preparation You don’t need to be top of your class to be an AP student, but you’ll want to be prepared for the AP course you choose. Some AP classes have recommended courses you should take first, and all AP courses ask that you come willing to do your best work. To choose an AP course that’s right for you, talk to a counselor or teacher about the subjects that interest you and ask about your options for learning the skills to help you succeed. Motivation You show your determination when you do the things that matter to you. Think about when you’ve learned or accomplished something you’re really passionate about. You practice until you get it right. You try harder when it’s not easy the first time. The effort pays off and you feel a huge sense of accomplishment when you see how much you can do when you try. That is the kind of commitment that is sought out and rewarded in AP classes and will help you succeed when you move beyond high school.
When are the AP exams given ?
The scheduled dates for the 2024 AP exams are as follows:
- May 6-10, 2024
- May 13-17, 2024
For late-testing needs, the dates are set for:
- May 22-24, 2024
An internationally recognized qualification for secondary school students. MIS testing centers accommodate students who are preparing for IGCSE exams, which cover a wide range of subjects and are widely accepted by universities and colleges worldwide.
- The IGCSE is based on the British curriculum (GCSE) but is adapted for a more internationally-focused student body.
- Assessments are primarily done through examinations, which are conducted by the school’s chosen exam board.
- The most well-known exam board for the IGCSE is Cambridge Assessment International Education.
- The IGCSE prepares students well for international study and entry to international universities.
- Some teachers have observed that students who have completed the IGCSE tend to have a solid understanding of foundational concepts that can be built upon in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
MIS testing centers provide a controlled and secure environment for students to take these important exams. The centers are equipped with the necessary facilities and staffed by trained professionals to ensure a smooth testing process.